Georgia Brown is a Brazilian singer noted for her extensive vocal range. As of 2005 she holds the Guinness World Records for hitting the highest vocal note and for possessing the greatest range, which spans exactly 8 octaves from G2-G10 using scientific pitch notation. She also has 5 octave of singing voice

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “World Record – Largest Vocal Range”

1. other mother says:

This brings back the memory of a Peruvian woman Yma Sumac who I remember hearing had a range of 8 octaves — however, her official web page says she had a range of 5 octaves. While checking it today I learned that she died today, November 2, 2008. I remember hearing her sing many years ago and it was an awesome experience.

2. Tommy C says:

Thought this one would’ve gone to beefheart

3. I fail says:

Gah, I thought I could’ve even had a chance at this record. >:c
    I’ve got one of the highest in Louisiana… perhaps.
    I was the highest soprano in Louisiana All-state chior and
    I think I only have like 2 1/2 range though Q_Q *sadness*
    (Although, that is almost sort of an entire piano’s worth of notes :3)

4. Anonymous says:

… 2 1/2 octaves isn’t even close to an entire piano…

5. Anonymous says:

2 and half octaves isnt an entire piano. 😀 i have about that much. wish i had more. all i can do is keep training.

6. Isaiah says:

I have like a 4.5 octave range. I.m hoping that at least age 16 i’ll have a 6 octave range

7. Nina says:

2 1/2 octaves is more like half a piano, almost. I personally have a range of at least 3 octaves, though I haven’t really measured, so it could be more.

8. Chuckles says:

Hey guys…
    This seems like a “brag about your voice-range” discussion!
    I am Australian and over here we say that 2 1/2 octaves is “not bad”, but it’s certainly not “half of the keyboard”. 😉 No-one gets to choose their voice range and there are some fantastic singers who have a pretty average voice range but produce an amazing sound. Just look after your voice, practice your singing, eat well and don’t drink soft drink, so that even if you DO have a small voice range, you will have a great, clear sound. :)