Final scores are now available for the Christmas Gloria for performance Christmas Eve. Players and singers will receive new scores on Christmas Eve. Would advise that instrumentalists and soloists transfer former rehearsal notes into these new scores. You can print them ahead of time if that’s easier for you.
Very few note changes. Most changes were adding phrasing marks.
Here’s an overview of changes:
- Articulations and phrasing marks added
- Baroque ornamentations added to Flute and Oboe (trills and mordents)
- SATB Chorus rephrasing of “Glorificamus Te” section.
- Note values changed in final section – stronger delineation between orchestra and chorus
- Trio section – phrasing marks added – added lyrics “bonae voluntatis” to end
- Tuba part re-scored to anchor on lowest A range.
- Oboe/Flute parts swapped in first section
- Timpani part combined to include Timpani, Concert Bass Drum, Triangle and Sleigh Bells