In the process of upgrading my phpBB2 forums to phpBB3. The actual upgrade process you can find on the phpbb website. But here I will keep a list of maintenance steps to take after you have upgraded and rebuilt your search index.
- Change permissions on private forums (Moderators, etc)
- Check “The Team” link to check admins and update moderators.
- Create new Maintenance category for moderators and suggestions forums – put Web Link forum in this category – turn off all for guests and bots, only registered members can view.
- Check access for forums on new users, registered, admins, etc.
- Enable avatars – enable remote uploading, increase size limit to 50,000 kb, set images/avatar/upload folder to 0777 permission.
- Personal profile – allow users to contact via email YES. Notification on PM YES. Check avatar and signature.
- Upload logo to style imageset folder and select