I know I’m starting slow on this cooking stuff but cut me some slack. I cannot believe how much fun this is! There are a lot of fancy ways I found to make corn, but I’m not fancy so here’s the ultimate bachelor recipe for cooking corn
DIRECTIONS TO BOIL CORN
1) Put corn in kettle of water and boil 1-10 minutes. The longer you boil, the softer it is. I boiled my corn for two minutes and then let it sit. Put butter on it and it tasted good to me. What guy doesn’t love that simple recipe?
That’s it. Chow down. Or read on for a more exquisite approach.
Now I also found that people added milk to the water when boiling corn. From what I read, once you try this you’ll never go back to just water again. So here’s a fancier recipe for the more adventurous type:
6-8 ears corn , husks and silk removed
1 cup milk
1/4 cup whipping cream , unwhipped (or use 1-1/4 cups milk, the cream is better to use)
3 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
6 tablespoons sugar (can use more sugar)
1/4 cup butter (you can use up to 1/2 cup butter)
1. Fill a large stock pot (about an 8-quart) half full with water.
2. Add in the milk, cream, salt, sugar and butter
3. Bring to a boil, then add in the corn cobs
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and allow corn to cook for 8-12 minutes or until tender, depending on size of corn try not to over cook the corn as it will become tough.